Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dwarf caiman / Water monitor
03-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Dwarf caiman / Water monitor
I've been looking about the internet, and i can't find anything suggesting that dwarf caimans are unobtainable / illegal in new zealand, they quite likely are. Also water monitors, i cannot find anything about it on the internet either. I would simply like to know if they are in fact illegal or not, however feel free to post somewhere or a way i would be able to obtain either one. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Dwarf caiman / Water monitor
(03-08-2015 01:40 PM)Skiviper Wrote:  I've been looking about the internet, and i can't find anything suggesting that dwarf caimans are unobtainable / illegal in new zealand, they quite likely are. Also water monitors, i cannot find anything about it on the internet either. I would simply like to know if they are in fact illegal or not, however feel free to post somewhere or a way i would be able to obtain either one. Big Grin

There is no list of prohibited in New Zealand because it would be a very long list requiring updating every few weeks. There are a few crocodilians in NZ, but these are held by held by approved zoo operators, not hobbyists. A private keeper is extremely unlikely to be able to import reptiles, given the only species MPI typically allows import of are domesticated mammals: https://www.mpi.govt.nz/importing/live-a...-and-dogs/

Watch trademe for the exotic species that are legal to keep.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Dwarf caiman / Water monitor
probably not allowed, although i have heard there are some monitor lizards in the country, but they are unwanted organisms, and they get large, so its is out of the question (from what i understand) to get water monitors

Don't Tell Me That You're an Animal Lover, If You Only Love The Cute and Fluffy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user