Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leopard geckos
11-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Leopard geckos
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but have been keeping all sorts of lizards and snakes for years...I have kept and breed leopard geckos and corn snakes for years in the UK before coming to live here in NZ 10 years ago. I just recently purchased a leopard gecko for my son who has taken a keen interest in reptiles. it took months to finally find one on trade me.... I'm looking to purchase a few more males and females to hopefully breed them.... So would be keen to here from anyone who keeps geckos or is looking to sell any males or females they have and don't need, don't want...

Also keen to know more about or from anyone who breeds New Zealand geckos and how to go about getting a permit to do so... From what I've heard it's pretty hard?

Are there any breed and release programmes?

cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2015, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2017 08:59 PM by AdminII.)
RE: Leopard geckos
(11-12-2015 09:57 PM)Scottb Wrote:  Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but have been keeping all sorts of lizards and snakes for years...I have kept and breed leopard geckos and corn snakes for years in the UK before coming to live here in NZ 10 years ago. I just recently purchased a leopard gecko for my son who has taken a keen interest in reptiles. it took months to finally find one on trade me.... I'm looking to purchase a few more males and females to hopefully breed them.... So would be keen to here from anyone who keeps geckos or is looking to sell any males or females they have and don't need, don't want...

Also keen to know more about or from anyone who breeds New Zealand geckos and how to go about getting a permit to do so... From what I've heard it's pretty hard?

Are there any breed and release programmes?

cheers
I am unsure about leopard geckos, but the form that you need to put in is 9 Alpha.
You need a cage, before you apply, and you can usually only start off with a category reptiles (Permit List)

Don't Tell Me That You're an Animal Lover, If You Only Love The Cute and Fluffy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply